Ok, another recipe for you this evening!
This is a bit of an odd one, but so far everyone I’ve made it for despite their initial reservations about it, has absolutely loved it, so hope you do too!
This should make enough for 4 people…
For the Omelette –
8 medium eggs
20ml milk (the full-fat or semi-skimmed milks work better)
1tbl spoon dried chili flakes (or more if you like your food spicy!)
1tbl spoon cornflour
2 packets singapore noodles (I use Amoy)
1 red pepper
250g chestnut mushrooms
75g baby corn
75g mange tout
– First, chop up your vegetables ini thin pieces and then shallow-fry your in a deep pan for approximately 7-10 minutes (until cooked) using a little water as needed instead of oil
– Whilst this is cooking, heat up a medium frying pan with some oil, and in a mixing bowl, gently whisk your eggs, milk and chili flakes together until blended. Sift the cornflour into your mixture and mix together
– When the oil is hot, pour 1/4 of your mixture into the pan, keeping the heat between medium-high, and as the omelette is cooking, start to move some of the mixture to the middle of the pan, so that the center of the omelette is thicker, and the outer edge is thinner. Be careful not to make the outer circle too thin, but this method should help hold the omelette together better, and also will hold the finish product better. Once the omelette is cooked on the underside, flip it over (carefully!) to cook the other side. Do this for all four omelettes – you can keep the cooked omelettes in the oven at a low heat to stop them getting cold in between)
– Once the veg is almost cooked, add the noodles, and mix together well. These usually take about 5minutes to warm up, and then their done
– Laying the omelette flat in the middle of a plate, plate 1/4 of your veg noodle mix across one half of the omelette, then fold over to form a wrap, or calzone-style shape
– And your done! I usually serve mine with some wild rocket, or a light salad, but that’s upto you! Enjoy!